Join “Israel by Foot” Expert local Hiking guide for an amazing day in the great outdoors
We will climb gradually from the southern, more gentle side of Mount Arbel. Reach the Summit to enjoy a truly spectacular view of the Sea of Galilee, Golan Heights and Galilee mountains. Then descend via the ancient Arbel fortress and finish the hike at the newly discovered Magdala archaeological site.
|Pickup Locations||1) Afula Train Station
2) Nazareth Marry's Well
3) Tiberias Ceasar Premier Hotel
|Price||79 $ (Discount on 4 or more hikers)|
|Min. Age||13 years. (Minors must be accompanied by an adult)|
|Schedule||Weekly Between November and April. (Check Availability)|
|Included in price||* Transportation To & From the above mentioned pickup locations.
* Expert Hiking Guide.
|Not included in the price||* Food
* 29 NIS Entrance fee to the Arbel National Park
* 15 NIS Entrance fee to the Magdala Archaeological Park
Click map to enlarge
Highlights of the Hike:
- Great views on the Sea of Galilee as we walk on the mountain ridge
- Mount Arbel Summit – The “Lonely Carob” view-point (The iconic view on Lake Kinneret!!)
- Hike down the steep cliff and visit The 1st century BCE Arbel fortifications carved inside the mountain.
- Magdala Archaeological Park. A newly discovered and exciting Archaeological site.
Hike Itinerary: (Approximation)
- 08:00 – Pickup from Afula
- 08:20 – Pickup from Nazareth
- 09:10 Pickup form Tiberias
- 09:30 – 14:00 7.5 Km hike of Mount Arbel
- Around 12:00 – Arbel Summit – Lunch break with the Sea of Galilee underneath us.
- 14:00 End of Hike and 10 minutes transfer to Magdala Archaeological Park.
- 14:30 We start driving back to the pickup locations
What to Bring?
Mandatory (You will not be allowed to join the hike without and will not be refunded):
2 liters of water.
Hiking boots or Sneakers. (We highly recommend hiking boots, but will accept also sneakers).
- Sandals not allowed!
Snacks and Lunch
Dry-fit shirt as a base layer
On rainy days - Rain proof light coat.
The customer may cancel his booking at any time.
Our refund policy is as follows:
Up to 2 weeks prior to the trip: 90% refund.
Up to 48 hours prior to the trip: 75% refund.
Less than 48 hours: Not refundable.
For special cases and circumstances please email and we commit to try and make the largest refund possible!
- The full and binding cancellation policy appears in the Terms and Conditions document. The above serves for general understanding only!