Hike The Red Tree Wadi
Wide views of the Judea mountains on our way down. Dense and varied forest, dotted with reddish Ktalav trees on our way up.
Get the Map & GPS Track for this hike ===>>
- Starting point – parking area near BarBahar restaurant (1).
- Head south-east on the paved road #3866 for 300 m until the junction with road #386.
- Turn left and follow road #386 for about 5 Km until the junction with the ‡Red‡ marked dirt road. (2)
- This is a minor road with very light traffic. Walk on the left side with the trafic facing you and enjoy constant big views down towards Ktalav Wadi and Sorek Stream.
- Turn left on the dirt road and follow the ‡Red‡ markers for about 2 Km until a junction with ‡Black‡ markers. (3)
- You will walk along the Sorek stream and the rail way to Jerusalem.
- In this area the rail is along the historic original route that was opened in 1892.
- Turn left on the ‡Black‡ marker and cross the stream.
- You are now at the building of the historic Bar-Giora train station.
- Follow the ‡Black‡ markers, ignore a junction with a ‡Green‡ marker. (4) and continue straight into the Ktalav Wadi.
- The Wadi received its name from the Red Ktalav tree (Arbutus andrachne) that populates it’s forest.
- Continue following the ‡Black‡ markers up the Wadi until you reach a junction with a ‡Red‡ marker. (5)
- Turn right and follow the ‡Red‡ markers circulating the northern side of the hill, after 650 m you reach a junction with a dirt road and a ‡Black‡ marker. (6)
- Turn left to reach the starting point in 150 m (1)
Get FULL QUALITY maps & GPS file for this hike for just 5$
(watch the Video)
- HD Topo map of the route area optimized for printing on an A4 size paper or for browsing on your device.
- GPS track file for navigations on your IOS/Android App.
- Map Legend and labels are in English
- zoomed in maps for the sensitive areas of the route.
- Link to an interactive map.
For 5-9 trips in the past 30 days – 20%. For 10 or more trips – 28%. Claim Discount