Hike The Red Tree Wadi
Wide views of the Judean mountains and Dense and varied forest, dotted with Reddish Ktalav trees.
Get the Map & GPS Track for this hike ===>>
- Starting point – parking area near BarBahar restaurant (1).
- This a very popular Cafe/Restaurant (On weekends) with a big outdoor balcony overlooking the mountains.
- Start following the ‡Black‡ marked dirt road parallel to the main road.
- After about 300 m the road will become a footpath and start descending.
- After another 250 m you will arrive to a junction with a ‡Red‡ marked trail (5). Ignore it and continue with the ‡Black‡ markers.
- On your way you will pass Giora Spring (usually dry) and after 600 m you will meet the junction with the ‡Blue‡ marked trail (2).
- Turn left and follow the ‡Blue‡ markers. The trail follows the slope of the Wadi about 100 m above the bottom. After about 2 Km you will arrive to a junction with a ‡Green‡ marker (3).
- Turn right and follow the ‡Green‡ marker. After 100 m you will arrive to an old muslim grave called “Dir a Sheich”. The contrast of the white ruins against the green forest makes a very pretty spot. It is surrounded by fruit trees and spring flowers and makes a great excuse for an extended break.
- Continue for another 800 m on with the ‡Green‡ markers until you meet the bed of the Ktalav Wadi and a junction with ‡Black‡ markers (4).
- The Wadi received its name from the Red Ktalav tree (Arbutus andrachne) that populates its forest.
- Turn right and follow he ‡Black‡ markers up the Wadi.
- It’s a beautiful and fun section. A narrow and dark shaded wadi with occasional rocks to negotiate.
- On your way you pass the Ktalav Spring, that may hold some water during the winter.
- Go up the Wadi for 1.5 Km until you reach the junction with the ‡Blue‡ marked trail (2). Continue further on the ‡Black‡ for another 600 m until the junction with the ‡Red‡ marked trail (5).
- Turn right and follow the ‡Red‡ markers circulating the northern side of the hill, Getting great views of the mountain between the trees from time to time.
- After 650 m you reach a junction with a dirt road and a ‡Black‡ marker. (6)
- Turn left to reach the starting point in 150 m (1)
Get FULL QUALITY maps & GPS file for this hike for just 5$
(watch the Video)
- HD Topo map of the route area optimized for printing on an A4 size paper or for browsing on your device.
- GPS track file for navigations on your IOS/Android App.
- Map Legend and labels are in English
- zoomed in maps for the sensitive areas of the route.
For 5-9 trips in the past 30 days – 20%. For 10 or more trips – 28%. Claim Discount