A desert oasis just 20 Km from Jerusalem
A short distance from Jerusalem, in the Judea desert, Wadi Kelt (Prat stream) flows to Jericho. Our route will take you through Springs, Pools and the deep Wadi Kelt canyon and an Old monastery.
Region – Judea Desert
Distance – 9 Km.
Accumulated Climb – 200 m.
Difficulty – Moderate.
For Private or Public transport directions, use Google Maps –
Ein Prat Natural Reserve
Get the Map & GPS Track for this hike ===>>
- Starting point – parking area at En Prat Natural Reserve (1). (entrance fee required)
- Follow the ‡Blue‡ marker upstream on the road for 200 m to reach Prat Spring. (2)
- Up on the cliffs you can see the Faran monastery.
- Retrace to the starting point and continue with the ‡Red‡ markers down stream for about 700 m to the junction with the ‡Blue‡ marker. (3)
- Keep right on the ‡Blue‡ marker into the canyon.
- Stay with the ‡Blue‡ markers for about 3.5 Km along the stream until the junction with the ‡Red‡ markers. (4).
- This is the most exciting part of the route. The canyon becomes deeper with many small waterfalls and pools.
- Turn left on the ‡Red‡ markers and follow the trail that traverses above the canyon for about 3.5 Km back to point (3).
- You will have constant Birds-Eye view over the Canyon you just walked!!
- Continue additional 700 m to reach your car. (1)
Get FULL QUALITY maps & GPS file for this hike for just 5$
(watch the Video)
- HD Topographic map of the route area optimized for printing on an A4 size paper or for browsing on your device.
- GPS track file for navigations on your IOS/Android App.
- Map Legend and labels are in English
- zoomed in maps for the sensitive areas of the route.
- Link to an interactive map.
For 5-9 trips in the past 30 days – 20%. For 10 or more trips – 28%. Claim Discount