Visit 5 Springs in one easy Hike. The Springs Trail is an easy circuit between small springs typical to the western slopes of the Judean mountains, located just 15 minutes from Jerusalem city center.
|Short versions||3.5 - 6.5 Km|
|Best||Dec - Apr|
- Starting point – parking area near Seadim Ruins (1).
- Start by taking a short tour at the Byzantine ruins of Seadim.
- Start following the the trail with ‡Green‡ markers.
- Follow it for about 1.3 Km until our first stop at Uzi Spring. (2)
- A small pool that collects the water from the nearby spring.
- This spring and the 2 next ones you will meet are Seep Springs, which are very typical to the Judean mountain.
- Continue on the ‡Green‡ markers for 300 m to reach Tamar Spring. (3)
- The spring & pool were arranged in memory of Tamar Natan.
- Retrace your steps back to the junction and follow again the ‡Green‡markers going down hill. After about 300 m you will merge with a dirt road and ‡Red‡ markers. Continue on it for 150 m unit you meet a paved road. (5).
- (For the short version Turn left on the ‡Red‡ marked dirt road and follow it for 3 Km all the way back to the starting point.)
The next section is a 3 Km detour to visit Handak Spring. The water in this spring usually drys out during the summer. Therefore We recommend to choose the short version between July and December.
- Cross the road walk left for a few meters and then right again on ‡Green‡ markers.
- Follow it for about 1.5 Km. A few meters after a junction with a ‡blue‡ marker (6) , you reach our last spring for today, Handak Spring.
- Retrace your steps uphill back to (5) and follow the easy ‡Red‡ marked dirt road for 3 Km all the way back to the starting point.
Get the Detailed Hiking Maps and GPS files for this hike for just 5$
Automatic immediate email with a download links upon checkout!