5 Springs in 1 Hike just 15 Km from Jerusalem
An easy circuit between small springs typical to the western slopes of the Judean mountains.
Region – Judea Mountains
Distance – 9.5 Km.
Short version – 6.5 Km
Very short – 3.5 Km
Accumulated Climb – 170 m
Difficulty – Easy
For Private or Public transport directions, use Google Maps –
Seadim Ruins parking
Get the Map & GPS Track for this hike ===>>
- Starting point – parking area near Seadim Ruins (1).
- Start by taking a short tour at the Byzantine ruins of Seadim.
- It is a remains of a Byzantine farm, olive press and an ancient mosque that was built later on-top of the ruins of the Byzantine buildings. some of the trees around are very old and reach huge proportions. This is due to the belief that trees near a mosque should not to be cut down due to the sanctity of the place.
- Start following the the trail with ‡Green‡ markers.
- Follow it for about 1.3 Km until our first stop at Uzi Spring. (2)
- A small pool that collects the water from the nearby spring.
- This spring and the 2 next ones you will meet are Seep Springs, which are very typical to the Judean mountain.
- Continue on the ‡Green‡ markers for 300 m to reach Tamar Spring. (3)
- The spring & pool were arranged in memory of Tamar Natan.
- (for the very short version retrace your steps back to the starting point.)
- Continue on the ‡Green‡ markers for about 1.1 Km until you reach a junction with a dirt road and a ‡Black‡ marker . (4)
- Turn left on the ‡Black‡ marker and follow it for about 200 m until you meet our next spring, Ein Sarig.
- Retrace your steps back to the junction and follow again the ‡Green‡markers going down hill. After about 300 m you will merge with a dirt road and ‡Red‡ markers. Continue on it for 150 m unit you meet a paved road. (5).
- (For the short version Turn left on the ‡Red‡ marked dirt road and follow it for 3 Km all the way back to the starting point.)
- Cross the road walk left for a few meters and then right again on ‡Green‡ markers.
- Follow it for about 1.5 Km. A few meters after a junction with a ‡blue‡ marker (6) , you reach our last spring for today, Handak Spring.
- This spring is a “Tunnel” spring. The ancient tunnel is carved into the rock to reach the source of the water. The tunnel is almost 50 m long and the water depth reaches 1.5 m. It’s a unique experience to walk inside the tunnel!! all the weay to its end. (You must use a flashlight)
- Retrace your steps uphill back to (5) and follow the easy ‡Red‡ marked dirt road for 3 Km all the way back to the starting point.
Get FULL QUALITY maps & GPS file for this hike for just 5$
(watch the Video)
- HD Topo map of the route area optimized for printing on an A4 size paper or for browsing on your device.
- GPS track file for navigations on your IOS/Android App.
- Map Legend and labels are in English
- zoomed in mapsfor the sensitive areas of the route.
For 5-9 trips in the past 30 days – 20%. For 10 or more trips – 28%. Claim Discount