A Desert Spring and a Marl Wadi. A rewarding hike!! Visit the beautiful spring of Ein Avdat. Climb the sheer cliff on an exciting path cut into the rock and descend back gently thru the magical Havarim wadi.
|Short versions||N / A|
|Best||Dec - Mar|
|Possible||Nov - Apr|
|/ Start Point|
Buy bus: You will need to walk about 2.5 Km from the junction to the trail-head.
- Starting point – parking area at the bottom of the “serpentine road” (1).
- Walk south-west on the paved road (Not way-marked) until you reach the entrance to the Natural park where you will have to buy an entrance ticket. (2)
- The ‡Blue‡ markers start here. Follow it along the wadi until we reach the beautiful pond of Ein Avdat.
- Continue on the ‡Blue‡ markers and shortly after the spring the trail starts to climbs through the cliff on a series of steps and ladders.
- At the end of the climb we meet another paved road (3).
- Follow the unmarked paved road west for about 900 m until meeting a minor paved road with ‡Red‡ markers(4).
- Turn right and follow the ‡Red‡ markers on the paved road for 1.2 Km. It then changes to a dirt road. continue to follow it for another 1.5 km until reaching the junction with a ‡Green‡ marker (5).
- Turn right a go down the wadi on the ‡Green‡ markers wich later merges with ‡Blue‡ markers. After 3 Km down the wadi bed you reach the starting point (1).
Get the Detailed Hikings Maps and GPS files for this hike for just 5$
- Detailed Hiking Map of the route area optimized for printing on an A4 size paper or for browsing on your device.
- Zoomed in Maps for the sensitive areas (When needed).
- GPS track files for navigation on your IOS/Android App.
- Map Legend and labels are in English
Automatic immediate email with a download links upon checkout!
If you have still time and energy, don’t miss an amazing local fun activity – SandSurfing!
Read all about it in Israel Best Trips Travel blog.