A desert Spring and a Marl Wadi
An easy and rewarding hike. Visit the beautiful spring of Ein Avdat. Climb the sheer cliff on an exciting path cut into the rock and descend back gently thru the magical Havarim wadi.
Region – Central Negev
Distance – 12.0 Km
Accumulated Climb – 180 m
Difficulty – Easy.
For Private or Public transport directions, use Google Maps –
Tsin stream below Midreshet Ben Gurion
Get the Map & GPS Track for this hike ===>>
- Starting point – parking area at the bottom of the “serpentine road” (1).
- Walk south-west on the paved road (Not waymarked) until you reach the entrance to the Natural park where you will have to buy an entrance ticket. (2)
- The ‡Blue‡ markers start here. Follow it along the wadi until we reach the beautiful pond of Ein Avdat spring.
- Continue on the ‡Blue‡ markers and shortly after the spring the trail starts to climbs thru the cliff with steps and ladders.
- At the end of the climb we meet another paved road (3).
- Follow the unmarked paved road west for about 900 m until meeting a minor paved road with ‡Red‡ markers(4).
- Turn right and follow the ‡Red‡ markers on the paved road for 1.2 Km. It then changes to a dirt road. continue to follow it for another 1.5 km until reaching the junction with a ‡Green‡ marker (5).
- We are now in Havarim Wadi. “Havarim” in english means Marl. The colors are very bright and because of this it is very popular to walk this section on a full moon night.
- Turn right a go down the wadi on the ‡Green‡ markers wich later merges with ‡Blue‡ markers. After 3 Km down the wadi bed you reach the starting point (1).
Get FULL QUALITY maps & GPS file for this hike for just 5$
(watch the Video)
- HD Topo map of the route area optimized for printing on an A4 size paper or for browsing on your device.
- GPS track file for navigations on your IOS/Android App.
- Map Legend and labels are in English
- Zoomed in maps for the sensitive areas of the route.
For 5-9 trips in the past 30 days – 20%. For 10 or more trips – 28%. Claim Discount
If you have still time and energy, don’t miss an amazing local fun activity – SandSurfing!
Read all about it in Israel Best Trips Travel blog.