Hike one of the most attractive streams in Israel.
Walk down a beautiful stream. Along the way pass numerous ancient water-mills, pools and wild-flowers. On the way back climb to the “Mizpe Hayamim” mountain. One of the only spots were you can view both the Sea of Galilee & the Mediterranean.
Region – Upper Galilee (Galil)
Distance – 13.5 Km (5 Km Short version)
Accumulated Climb – 500 m
Difficulty – Moderate .
For Private or Public transport directions, use Google Maps –
Nahal Amud National Park
Get the Map & GPS Track for this hike ===>>
- For the short version, Return from (5) to the begining. Follow the ‡Blue‡ markers back to (3) and then climb on the ‡Red‡ markers back to (1).
- Starting point – parking area at Nahal Amud Natural Reserve (1). (entrance fee required)
- Follow the ‡Green‡ markers down to the junction with the ‡Black‡ marker trail (2).
- the ‡Black‡ marker in this section is along the INT (Israel National Trail)
- You are now at the Miron stream.
- Follow the ‡Black‡ markers for 250 m to reach the Yakim spring. (3)
- Continue with the ‡Black‡ markers along the stream bed for about 850 to reach the “Mivtasha”, and old wool mill. (4). Wikipedia
- You are now in the Amud Stream.
- Continue further with the ‡Black‡ for about 200 m to reach the Shechvi Pools. (5)
- The right spot for an extended break!
- Continue further with the ‡Black‡ markers (along the INT) for about 3.5 Km to reach Seter Spring and the junction with the ‡Blue‡ marker. (6)
- In this section the streams is usually dry also in winter.
- Along the way you will pass 6 ancient watermills and the aqueduct system that connected them.
- Turn RIght and follow the ‡Blue‡ markers climbing rather steeply about 450 m to reach the top of “Mizpe Hayamim” mountain. (In English – The Seas Viewpoint). (7)
- This is one of the few places in the country where from the same spot you can see both the Sea of Galilee and the Mediterranean sea.
- Another great spot for an extended break!
- Descend to the other side on the ‡Blue‡ markers for about 1.3 Km until reaching the main road #866. (8)
- Turn right and walk carefully along the main road (Unmarked) for about 3 Km until the road sign to the Amud National Park . (9)
- Turn right again and walk about 1 Km to reach your car. (1)
Get FULL QUALITY maps & GPS file for this hike for just 5$
(watch the Video)
- HD Topo map of the route area optimized for printing on an A4 size paper or for browsing on your device.
- GPS track files (for both full and short versions) for navigations on your IOS/Android App.
- Map Legend and labels are in English
- zoomed in maps for the sensitive areas of the route.
- Link to an interactive map.
For 5-9 trips in the past 30 days – 20%. For 10 or more trips – 28%. Claim Discount
Bonus Tip: Don’t miss a visit to the nearby old city of Safed.