Hike one of the most attractive streams in Israel. Walk down the beautiful Amud stream. Along the way pass numerous ancient water-mills, pools and wild-flowers. On the way back climb to the “Mizpe Hayamim” mountain. One of the only spots where you can view both the Sea of Galilee & the Mediterranean.
|Short versions||5 Km|
Short ver (Easy)
|Best||Dec - Apr|
|Possible||Oct - May|
|/ Start Point|
For Public transportation: Take Bus #147 to Kfar Shammai. and start the hike from point (8).
AMUD TRACK DESCRIPTION:
- For the short version, Return from (5) to the begining. Follow the ‡Blue‡ markers back to (3) and then climb on the ‡Red‡ markers back to (1).
- Starting point – parking area at Nahal Amud Natural Reserve (1). (entrance fee required)
- Follow the ‡Green‡ markers down to the junction with the ‡Black‡ marker trail (2).
- the ‡Black‡ marker in this section is along the INT (Israel National Trail)
- You are now at the Miron stream, Which is a tributary of the Amud Stream.
- Follow the ‡Black‡ markers for 250 m to reach the Yakim spring. (3) A small waterfall feeds a large 4X4 meters pool with plenty of shade.
- Continue with the ‡Black‡ markers along the stream bed for about 850 to reach the “Mivtasha”, and old Wool mill. (4).
- Continue further with the ‡Black‡ for about 200 m to reach the Shechvi Pools. (5)
- The right spot for an extended break!
- Continue further with the ‡Black‡ markers (along the INT) for about 3.5 Km to reach Seter Spring and the junction with the ‡Blue‡ marker. (6)
- In this section the streams is usually dry also in winter.
- Along the way you will pass 6 ancient Watermills and the Aqueduct system that connected them.
- Turn Right and follow the ‡Blue‡ markers climbing rather steeply about 450 m to reach the top of “Mizpe Hayamim” mountain. (In English – The Seas Viewpoint). (7)
- This is one of the few places in the country where from the same spot you can see both the Sea of Galilee and the Mediterranean sea.
- Another great spot for an extended break!
- Descend to the other side on the ‡Blue‡ markers for about 1.3 Km until reaching the main road #866. (8)
- Turn right and walk carefully along the main road (Unmarked) for about 3 Km until the road sign to the Amud National Park . (9)
- Turn right again and walk about 1 Km to reach your car. (1)
Get the Detailed Hiking Maps and GPS files for this hike for just 5$
- Detailed Hiking Map of the route area optimized for printing on an A4 size paper or for browsing on your device.
- Zoomed in Maps for the sensitive areas (When needed).
- GPS track files for navigation on your IOS/Android App.
- Map Legend and labels are in English
Automatic immediate email with a download links upon checkout!
Bonus Tip: Don’t miss a visit to the nearby old city of Safed, Which is also pefect hub for further exploring the area.
Recommended Lodging in the heart of the old city: Villa Tiferet holiday rental home.