Ascend to the most iconic view-point over the Sea Of Galilee
On the way up visit the ancient Arbel fortress built inside the rock. On the way down hike though the deep Arbel Wadi between the cliffs.
Get the Map & GPS Track for this hike ===>>
- Starting point – parking area at entrance to Hamam village (1).
- Follow the ‡Red‡ marker (Part of the INT)
- At the junction with the ‡Green‡ marker (2)., turn left and continue with the ‡Red‡ markers.
- Climb steadily until you reach a junction with a ‡Black‡ marker. (3).
- Our route continues wuth ‡Black‡ marker, but before we continue we make a short detour to visit the Arbel Fortress.
- Walk right, then up the stairs and visit the fortress that is built into the cliff.
- Retrace your stept back to (3) and continue up on the ‡Black‡ markers (Part of the INT) until the junction with the ‡Blue‡ marker at the top of the mountain. (4)
- Follow the ‡Blue‡ markers for 200 m until you reach the “Mul Kinneret” Lookout in memory of the IDF soldier Roei Dror.
- Retrace your steps to (4) and continue on the ‡Black‡ markers for about 100 m to reach the Carob Lookout. The spot is very easy to find. It is under the single lonely Carob tree that can be seen from afar.
- This is probably one of the most photographed views of the Sea of Galilee, and justly so. The perfect spot for an extended break.
- You are now inside the Arbel National Park after you entered it through the back door.
- Continue with the ‡Black‡ markers for 600 m and reach the National Park’s entrance. (5)
- Pay the entrance fee upon exiting, and follow the unmarked paved road for 1.5 Km until you reach a junction with the ‡Green‡ marker (6).
- Turn right on the ‡Green‡ markers and descend until you reach the bed of the Arbel Wadi. (7)
- Turn right and continue following the ‡Green‡ markers downstream until you reach the junction with the ‡Red‡ marker where we began the route. (2)
Get Full Quality maps & GPS file for this hike for just 5$
(watch the Video)
- HD Topo map of the route area optimized for printing on an A4 size paper or for browsing on your device.
- GPS track file for navigations on your IOS/Android App.
- Map Legend and labels are in English
- Zoomed in maps for the sensitive areas of the route.
- Link to an interactive map.
For 5-9 trips in the past 30 days – 20%. For 10 or more trips – 28%. Claim Discount