Ascend to the most iconic view-point over the Sea Of Galilee
On the way up visit the ancient Arbel fortress built inside the rock. On the way down visit the ancient Arbel synagogue and hike though the deep Arbel Wadi between the cliffs.
Get the Map & GPS Track for this hike ===>>
- Starting point – parking area at entrance to Hamam village (1).
- start by Following the ‡Red‡ markers (Part of the INT)
- After 400 m, at the junction with a ‡Green‡ marked trail (2)., turn left and continue with the ‡Red‡ markers.
- Climb steadily for 2.4 Km, until you reach a junction with a ‡Black‡ marked trail (3).
- Our route continues with ‡Black‡ markers, but before we continue we make a short detour to visit the Arbel Fortress.
- Walk right, then up the stairs and visit the fortress that is carved into the cliff.
- Retrace your stept back to (3) and continue up with the ‡Black‡ markers (Part of the INT) until the junction with the ‡Blue‡ marker at the top of the mountain. (4)
- Follow the ‡Blue‡ markers for 200 m until you reach the “Mul Kinneret” Lookout in memory of the IDF soldier Roei Dror.
- Retrace your steps to (4) and continue on the ‡Black‡ markers for about 100 m to reach the famous Carob Lookout. The spot is very easy to find. It is under the single lonely Carob tree that can be seen from afar.
- This is probably one of the most photographed views of the Sea of Galilee, and justly so. The perfect spot for an extended break.
- You are now inside the Arbel National Park after you entered it through the back door.
- Continue with the ‡Black‡ markers for 600 m and reach the National Park’s entrance. (5)
- Pay the entrance fee upon exiting, and follow the unmarked paved road for 1.1 Km until you reach a junction with the ‡Green‡ marked trail and a small parking lot (6).
- Turn left on the ‡Green‡ markers and after a few minutes you will reach the ruins of the ancient synagogue.
- Continue on the ‡Green‡ markers and after a few minutes you will cross a paved road and start to descending to the wadi. Continue for 700 m until you reach the bed of the Arbel Wadi. (7)
- Turn right and continue following the ‡Green‡ markers downstream until you reach the junction with the ‡Red‡ marker (1.3 Km) where we began the route. (2)
Get Full Quality Detailed Hiking Maps & GPS file for this hike for just 5$
(watch the Video)
- Detailed Hiking map of the route area optimized for printing on an A4 size paper or for browsing on your device.
- GPS track file for navigations on your IOS/Android App.
- Map Legend and labels are in English
- Zoomed in maps for the sensitive areas of the route.
For 5-9 trips in the past 30 days – 20%. For 10 or more trips – 28%. Claim Discount