A Pond, Stream and an Ancient synagogue.
This is a short & easy hike, but packs lots into it. You will visit a winter pond, fantastic Almond tree blossom (Feb-Mar), a lovely stream and an ancient synagogue. In addition you can round it all off with good Humus at Jish.
Get the Map & GPS Track for this hike ===>>
Important note: The 1st half of the route has no markers. It is recommended to use the GPS track file.
- Starting point – Center of the village Jish (1).
- Find your way always uphill through the village streets to reach point (2).
- Continue on the dirt road until the junction (3).
- Fork right to another dirt road and continue down. Ignore a ‡Black‡ marked track joining from the left and continue until you reach the winter pond “Ha’ain Hakuchla”– meaning “The blue eye” (4).
- This is a very nice setting for a picnic. Relax on the meadow near the pond and enjoy the view.
- The next section is a little tricky because you have to find our way down without any marker or road/trail. Just follow carefully the GPS along the bed of a dry wadi until it merges with the main stream of Gush Halav. (5)
- In this area if you are lucky enough to be in the right season you will encounter impressive Almond tree blossom.
- we are now on the ‡Green‡ marked trail that follows the stream.
- Follow the ‡Green‡ markers up stream until you reach the ancient synagogue of Gush Halav. (6)
- Continue with ‡Green‡ markers all the way to the village center.
Get FULL QUALITY maps & GPS file for this hike for just 5$
(watch the Video)
- HD Topo map of the route area optimized for printing on an A4 size paper or for browsing on your device.
- GPS track file for navigations on your IOS/Android App.
- Map Legend and labels are in English
- Zoomed in maps for the sensitive areas of the route.
- Link to an interactive map.
For 5-9 trips in the past 30 days – 20%. For 10 or more trips – 28%. Claim Discount