An amazing trail above the backdrop of the Timna Valley. Hike on a remote and amazing trail that traverses along the cliff 500 meters above the valley for an unforgettable vista.
|Short versions||N/ A|
|Best||Dec - Mar|
|Possible||Nov - Apr|
Driving Directions: From the Google-Maps location, Turn to the Green marked dirt road and follow it for 5.9 Km, then turn right to the blue marked dirt road and follow it for an additional 3.7 Km until a Junction with a Green marked dirt road. (A detailed driving map is supplied with the download pack). The dirt roads are suitable for any regular car.
- The starting point for the walk: Junction of the ‡Green‡ and ‡Blue‡ dirt roads (1).
- Follow the ‡Green‡ markers along the wide Matak Wadi for 1.9 Km until a junction with an unmarked wadi joining it from the right. (2)
- (Just after the junction with this wadi, the Matak wadi we had been walking in make a sharp 90° left turn. If you reached it, it’s a sign you just missed the turn to the unmarked wadi).
- At first, there is nothing special to see. But gradually the wadi narrows and The banks of the gorge are filled with colored sand and rocks, in shades of yellow, brown and white. In between the rocks and on the ground are small white stones, made of phosphorus. This material causes the stones to “twinkle” in the sun’s rays.
- Turn right and follow the beautiful unmarked wadi upstream. This small wadi is also filled with colorful sand and rocks. After 600 m, you reach the saddle at the end of the wadi and meet a ‡Red‡ marked trail (3).
- All of a sudden, you find yourself on the edge of the cliff with the Timna Valley 500 m below you. The view is truly overwhelming and calls for an extended break!
- Turn right and follow the ‡Red‡ markers for 3 Km.
- This amazing trail follows the edge of the cliff with Valley below constantly in sight, most of the way is relatively flat, but near the end, we climb to the top of mount Berech. The views from the top are even beret!! (4)
- Turn right on the ‡Blue‡ marked dirt roads and walk 1.4 km back to (1).
Get the Detailed Hiking Maps and GPS files for this hike for just 5$
Automatic immediate email with a download links upon checkout!