Israel’s most scenic coastal stretch. The easy hike along Dor Habonim Beach is suitable also for the hot summer. Magical coves, The Blue Cave and some great swimming spots.
|Short versions||2.5 Km|
Important note: This hike is suitable also for the Summer-Time. However, If you opt for the full version, we recommend to start as early as possible to avoid the hot hours, or start around 17:00 and enjoy the Sunset!
- Short version: Park your car at (7). Follow the ‡Green‡ markers until (6) and return along the ‡Red‡ markers.
- Two cars Version: Park the 2nd Car at Nachsholim beach. Walk north along the beach until (5) and follow the main walk till the end.
- Starting point for the Full walk: Parking area west of Habonim (1).
- Start by Following the unmarked dirt road for about 150 m heading west until a junction with another unmarked dirt road (2).
- Turn left and follow this unmarked dirt road for 1,900 m until a junction with another unmarked dirt road (3).
- There are several dirt road junctions along your way. We suggest to either follow the GPS file or measure the distance from point (2).
- Turn right, follow the unmarked dirt road for 220 m until a T junction. Turn left and after a few meters turn right again. Continue following the unmarked dirt road for another 600 m until you reach the coast and a foot-path with ‡Red‡ markers. (4)
- This section might seem tricky to navigate, but it is not. Just go west all the time until you reach the coast line.
- Turn left on the ‡Red‡ markers and walk for about 350 m until you reach Tel-Dor. (5)
- Tel Dor is an archaeological site located on a small headland at the north side of a protected inlet, it is identified with Biblical Dor. It was inhabited since the bronze ago and the excavations reveal findings from different periods. (Read More).
- Climb to the Top of the hill to enjoy a fantastic view of this beautiful coastal stretch.
- Retrace your steps to (4), and continue with the ‡Red‡ markers along the coast.
- Every few minutes you will reach another magical cove that will “invite” you for a swim or a picnic.
- After about 2 Km you will reach a Junction with a ‡Green‡ marked trail (6). And in the water not far from the beach you can see a Ship Wreck half-submerged in the water.
- Continue straight with ‡Red‡ markers along the coast with more coves and swimming options.
- After about 1 Km, you will reach a cove with the famous “Blue Cave”. (7)
- The cave was formed over the course of many years by processes of erosion, dissolution and collapse and acquired its name thanks to its shades of blue.
- Continue another 500 m on the ‡Red‡ markers, until you reach a dirt road and the big parking lot of the Habonim Beach. (8)
- You can spend some time resting on the beach or get a drink at the cafeteria.
- Turn right and follow the unmarked dirt road for 750 m back to point (2) and to your car.
Get the Detailed Hikings Maps and GPS files for this hike for just 5$
- Detailed Hiking Map of the route area optimized for printing on an A4 size paper or for browsing on your device.
- Zoomed in Maps for the sensitive areas (When needed).
- GPS track files for navigation on your IOS/Android App.
- Map Legend and labels are in English
Automatic immediate email with a download links upon checkout!