Visit 5 Springs in one easy Hike. The Springs Trail is an easy circuit between small springs typical to the western slopes of the Judean mountains, located just 15 minutes from Jerusalem city center.
|Short versions||3.5 - 6.5 Km|
|Best||Dec - Apr|
Get the Hiking Maps & GPS Files for this hike for just 5$.
- Starting point – parking area near Seadim Ruins (1).
- Start by taking a short tour at the Byzantine ruins of Seadim.
It is a remains of a Byzantine farm, olive press and an ancient mosque that was built later on-top of the ruins of the Byzantine buildings. some of the trees around are very old and reach huge proportions. This is due to the belief that trees near a mosque should not to be cut down due to the sanctity of the place.
- Start following the the trail with ‡Green‡ markers.
- Follow it for about 1.3 Km until our first stop at Uzi Spring. (2)
- A small pool that collects the water from the nearby spring.
- This spring and the 2 next ones you will meet are Seep Springs, which are very typical to the Judean mountain.
- Continue on the ‡Green‡ markers for 300 m to reach Tamar Spring. (3)
- The spring & pool were arranged in memory of Tamar Natan.
- Retrace your steps back to the junction and follow again the ‡Green‡markers going down hill. After about 300 m you will merge with a dirt road and ‡Red‡ markers. Continue on it for 150 m unit you meet a paved road. (5).
- (For the short version Turn left on the ‡Red‡ marked dirt road and follow it for 3 Km all the way back to the starting point.)
- Cross the road walk left for a few meters and then right again on ‡Green‡ markers.
- Follow it for about 1.5 Km. A few meters after a junction with a ‡blue‡ marker (6) , you reach our last spring for today, Handak Spring.
This spring is a “Tunnel” spring. The ancient tunnel is carved into the rock to reach the source of the water. The tunnel is almost 50 m long and the water depth reaches 1.5 m. It’s a unique experience to walk inside the tunnel!! all the way to its end. (You must use a flashlight)
- Retrace your steps uphill back to (5) and follow the easy ‡Red‡ marked dirt road for 3 Km all the way back to the starting point.
Get the Detailed Hiking Maps and GPS files for this hike for just 5$
- Detailed Hiking Map of the route area optimized for printing on an A4 size paper or for browsing on your device.
- Zoomed in Maps for the sensitive areas (When needed).
- GPS track files for navigation on your IOS/Android App.
- Map Legend and labels are in English
Automatic immediate email with a download links upon checkout!