A great “Wet” Summer Hike!
The Dan and Hermon (Banyas) streams flowing from the foothills of the Hermon mountain and the Snir stream flowing from Lebanon, Join here and from the beginning of the Jordan River. We walk inside the water wading and sometimes swimming surrounded by beautiful river scenery.
Region – Galilee Panhandle.
Distance – 3.5 Km (1 Km of wading/swimming)
Accumulated Climb – Almost Flat.
Difficulty – Easy – But includes long stretches of wading and swimming !
For Private transport directions, use Google Maps – Parking area near the entrance to Kibbutz Sde Nechemya.
Get the Map & GPS Tracks for this hike ===>>
Important note #1: You must be a decent swimmer!! In Some sections the water can be more than 2 meters deep.
Important note #2: There are no waymarks along this route. However, the navigation is very easy and with the detailed map you should have no problem.
- From the parking area head towards the gate of the Kibbutz. Just before the gate turn left onto the dirt road that follows the river. (1)
- Follow this road up-stream parallel to the river for a total of 1.8 km.
- After a few minutes you will see a stream merging with the river from the left. This is the Snir stream arriving from Lebanon. You are observing the exact point where the Jordan river starts!
- On your right is Kibbutz Sde Nechemya.
- After 650 m you will reach the foot bridge (2) where you will be returning from.
- Continue straight on the road until you see a parking area on your right.
- Turn left and follow a clear and short path to the river bank.
- You can also enter the water in several other place along the road before and after this point, depending how long you want to go back inside the water.
- Enter the water. You are now inside the Hermon (Banyas) stream.
- The walk now is in full shade all along , and with the cool water of the stream it feels perfect even in the boiling summer heat. Enjoy!!
- Start walking/wading down-stream. After a few minutes the Dan stream will merge from the right.
- Continue down-stream and shortly you will feel that the flow gets stronger and you will hear the sound of gushing water.
- You are approaching a small waterfall. Get out of the stream onto the east bank (Left) and bypass the waterfall.
- Get back into the water. Until this point you passed about 200 m in the water. Continue downstream now without any interruption for about 900 m until you will see a small pedestrian bridge crossing the river about 50 m in front of you.
- Climb on the west (right) bank. (4).
- It’s recommended to use the Zoom-map for this section.
- If you reached the bride it means that you missed th exit spot!! go back about 50 m and look for spot where it’s easy to climb out of the water.
- Follow the path in downstream direction between the trees and the bushes until you reach the foot-bridge.
- Cross the bridge and meet the road you walked on in the beginning of the hike (2).
- Turn right and walk for about 650 m to the starting point.
Get FULL QUALITY map & GPS files for this hike for just 5$
(watch the Video)
- HD Topo map of the route area optimized for printing on an A4 size paper or for browsing on your device.
- Zoomed in Map for sensitive areas of the Hike
- GPS track file for navigations on your IOS/Android App.
- Map Legend and labels are in English
For 5-9 trips in the past 30 days – 20%. For 10 or more trips – 28%. Claim Discount
Bonus Tip: Check out these additional fun attractions in the area.