Israel’s classic Summer water Hike
This is a short and easy hike, prefect for the hot summer. 1.5 Km of wading and swimming in a magical green “shade tunnel”.
Region – Sea of Galilee
Distance – 4 Km.
Accumulated Climb – Almost Flat
Difficulty – Easy – But includes long stretches of wading and swimming !
For Private transport directions, use Google Maps – Blue / Green roads junction
Get the Map & GPS Track for this hike ===>>
Important note: You must be a decent swimmer!! Some of the lagoons are more than 2 meters deep.
- From the end of the google-maps driving direction point, continue straight with your car for another 1250 m on the green marked dirt road. (see on map)
- Starting point for the walk: Parking area for of the Zaki stream (1).
- Follow the ‡Green‡ markers on the dirt road for about 300 m (2).
- Turn left on the ‡Green‡ markers between the bushes and shortly you will find yourself in the stream.
- For the next 1.5 Km, you will be wading and swimming off and on depending on the depth of the stream and the pools. The depth varies between 20 cm to more than 2 meters. Their are plenty of magical spots along the way.
- At some point you will reach a rope that stretches across the stream (3).
- Turn left and walk a few meters until reaching a dirt road with ‡Black‡ markers.
- Turn left again and follow this dirt road for about 1.3 Km until the junction with the ‡Green‡ marked dirt road (4).
- Turn right and in a few minutes reach the parking area (1).
Get FULL QUALITY Detailed Hiking Map & GPS file for this hike for just 5$
(watch the Video)
- HD Topo map of the route area optimized for printing on an A4 size paper or for browsing on your device.
- GPS track file for navigations on your IOS/Android App.
- Map Legend and labels are in English
For 5-9 trips in the past 30 days – 20%. For 10 or more trips – 28%. Claim Discount