Israel’s classic Summer water Hike The Zaki is a short and easy hike, prefect for the hot summer. 1.5 Km of wading and swimming in a magical green “shade tunnel”.
(1.5 Km Wading/Swimming)
|Short versions||N/ A|
|Best||Jun - Sep|
|Possible||Apr - Oct|
Important note: You must be a decent swimmer!! Some of the lagoons are more than 2 meters deep.
- From the end of the google-maps driving direction point, continue straight with your car for another 1250 m on the green marked dirt road. (see on map)
- Starting point for the walk: Parking area for of the Zaki stream (1).
- Follow the ‡Green‡ markers on the dirt road for about 300 m (2).
- Turn left on the ‡Green‡ markers between the bushes and shortly you will find yourself in the stream.
- For the next 1.5 Km, you will be wading and swimming off and on depending on the depth of the stream and the pools. The depth varies between 20 cm to more than 2 meters. Their are plenty of magical spots along the way.
- At some point you will reach a rope that stretches across the stream (3).
- Turn left and walk a few meters until reaching a dirt road with ‡Black‡ markers.
- Turn left again and follow this dirt road for about 1.3 Km until the junction with the ‡Green‡ marked dirt road (4).
- Turn right and in a few minutes reach the parking area (1).
Get the Detailed Hiking Maps and GPS files for this hike for just 5$
Automatic immediate email with a download links upon checkout!