Israel Is a Hot country. Hiking season in generally from October – May.
If you do choose to hike during June – September then:
- DO NOT hike in desert areas!!
- In other areas, start as early as possible, close to sunrise.
- Stick to shorter and shady hikes.
- Take with you plenty of water.
- Or, just follow our Tips for Hiking in the Israeli Summer
During the regular seasons we recommend to:
- Wear a wide hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- In the winter carry also a warm hat.
- Wear adequate ankle-supporting footwear.
- Use sunscreen cream.
- Always carry a printed map. Don’t relay solely on your mobile!!
- In addition Use a GPS app with the track file.
- Stay on the trail.
- Do not hike alone.
- WATER!!!!– Dehydration is the greatest danger when hiking in Israel, especially in the desert areas. So carry plenty of water!! As a rule of thumb take 1 liter for every 4 km. The amount should vary according to the terrain and the weather.
- Always check the weather forecast.
- Never hike inside canyons when there is chance for rain in the desert. (Risk of water floods)
- Preferably, let someone know where you’re going.
Most importantly – Use your good judgment. Don’t be careless.
remember, You are hiking on your own risk. You are solely responsible for using your own judgment to safely enjoy your own hiking trip.