From June to September Israel becomes very hot.
In the south and desert areas, typical temperatures during the day are 35-42 °C. (95 – 108 °F). In the Center and the north around 30-32 °C (85-90 °F). Certainly not Hiking friendly weather.
Don’t worry. We have got you covered!! If you follow our guidelines you will be able to enjoy a hike in Israel also during the hot summer!!
- Don’t hike in desert areas. Danger of dehydration and Heatstroke is life threatening!!
- In the north and central areas, limit your self to easier and shorter hikes.
- Try to start your hike as early as possible. Idealy at Sunrise.
- Drink a lot, use sunscreen and wear a wide hat.
- Below is a list of our summer-friendly Hikes:
- Our “Wet Summer hikes” are the perfect choice!!
- Bashanit Ridge: At altitude of 1,100 m on the northern Golan Heights the temperatures in the morning are more pleasant than anywhere else in the country.
- Amud Stream: The short version of this hike, has plenty of shade and water.
- The Springs Trail: An easy hike near Jerusalem with plenty of shade and a few chilly pools.
- Ktalav Wadi: Head out really early so you are in the full shade of the Wadi when the sun in high.